Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Chicken Enchilada Pillows

Today I'm sharing my favorite dinner on the blog and I'm excited for all of you to try it!  This recipe comes from the lovely http://www.chef-in-training.com.  I think I've mentioned this before, but I will again, this is my favorite blog!  I sometimes find myself looking through her blog for hours, it is so addicting!  I make these pillows all the time, and I don't think we could ever get sick of it here at my house.  If there is one recipe to try it would be this one!



What you need:

2 chicken breast- cooked and shredded
 (I like to cook mine in the crock pot with a packet of taco seasoning, on low for 6 hrs)
1/2 cup black beans- drained and rinsed
1/2 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup red enchilada sauce
1 tsp cumin
1 Tbs Taco seasoning (if you don't use my method of cooking chicken)
1/2 cup shredded cheese (I like to use a Mexican blend)
1 can Pillsbury Big & Flaky crescent rolls
1 egg
3-5 Tbs water
crushed tortilla chips

Topping:
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup cream of chicken
extra cheese optional



- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, beans, corn, cumin, taco seasoning, cheese and enchilada sauce.
- Lay out the 8 crescent rolls.  Stretch them out as far as you can without tearing or making holes.
- Spoon about 3 spoonfuls of the mixture onto the middle of the crescent roll.  Fold the sides around the mixture making sure that none of the filling is showing.  This will make a "pillow" shape.  Place on a large cookie sheet.  Repeat with each crescent roll.
- In a small bowl, mix together the egg and water.  Brush the egg mixture over the pillows.  Top with crushed tortillas.
- Cook pillows for 20-25 minutes- until golden brown.
- Combine sour cream and cream of chicken into a saucepan and stir over medium heat.
- Top pillows with sauce and cheese.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment