Thursday, January 8, 2015

Bajio Chicken Salad

Do I dare say this is just as good as a Cafe Rio Salad?  I love this Bajio Chicken Salad.  It's sweet, juicy and delicious!  I found this recipe a couple of years ago at Two Peas & a Pot and my family loves to use this for big get togethers.  I just made this for our friends at our annual New Years Eve party and everyone seemed to like it, or they were just being nice..  Either way, this is such an easy fun dinner to throw together and you'll keep going back for more.


What you need:

4-6 chicken breast
1/2 cup salsa
1 Tbs cumin
1/2 cup brown sugar (more to taste)
1 4oz can diced green chilies
3/4 cup sprite

Place chicken in the crock pot.  In a bowl mix remaining ingredients together and pour over chicken.  Cook on low for 6 hours.  Shred.  Serve with the following below:

warm flour tortillas
lettuce
cheese
black beans
spanish rice
cilantro lime dressing
(I get the Litehouse cilantro dressing found by the bagged salads at Harmons)
tortilla strips
any other desired toppings



No comments:

Post a Comment