Monday, September 8, 2014

Chicken Salad

Well, school has just started and I'm already stressed to the max.  There are just so many papers due all the time.  I hate teachers that give you busy work, especially big essays, just for the fun of it.  This semester looks like it won't be slowing down for me at all, but I'll try my best to keep the recipes coming!
Now that I've got the boring stuff out of the way, let me introduce to you all the best chicken salad you will ever eat!  My husband has referred to it as crack because it is so addicting.  He really can't stop eating it if it's around.  My mom makes this for baby/wedding showers, family get togethers, baby blessing, and us kids always request this for dinner, especially in the summer.  This chicken salad is a huge crowd pleaser and a must try!



what you need:

2 cups cooked chicken- diced into small pieces
1 1/2 celery- chopped
2 Tbs green onion- chopped
1 small can pineapple tidbits- drained
1 1/2 cup red grapes- cut in halves
1/2 cup of slivered almonds
2 Tbs lemon juice
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup shredded cheese

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until well combined and let sit in the fridge over night.  Serve on rolls, croissants, or just eat it out of the bowl!  I dare say this serves 15-20 people depending on how much people eat.



No comments:

Post a Comment