Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Texas Sheet Cake Cookies

Another early morning blogging session over here at my house.  This is the only time of the day when I can get something done since my almost 10 month old is getting busier and busier.  Thank goodness for Mickey Mouse keeping him distracted every morning!
Cookies are my weakness in life.  I have a serious addiction to them and I'm not even embarrassed about it.  I love trying new cookie recipes and I love eating them!  I found this recipe for Texas Sheet Cake Cookies at cookiesandcups.com and I got so happy!  I mean who doesn't love Texas Sheet Cake?! And in cookie form?  It was too good to be true!  This recipe is so easy and I guarantee you have all the ingredients at your house so you don't have to make a quick trip to the store, and if you do, it's so worth it! 



What you need:

Cookies:
1/2 cup butter-softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cup flour
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips-melted

Icing:
1/2 cup butter
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
3 tablespoons milk
2 1/2 cups powder sugar

For the cookies:
-With a mixer, mix together the butter and sugar until combined.
-Add the egg and vanilla to the mix and beat for a minute.
-Add the baking powder and salt.
-Slowly add the flour little by little and mix until the dough is thick.
-In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips at 30 second increments until completely melted.
-Add the chocolate to the dough and mix together well.
-With a cookie scoop, drop the dough onto a large cookie sheet.
-Cook at 350 degrees for 7 minutes.
-Let cool for a minute and transfer to a cooling rack.



For the icing:
-Combine butter, cocoa powder, and milk in a medium sauce pan and heat over medium heat.
-Keep whisking together until the butter is completely melted. 
-Remove the sauce pan from the heat and add the powder sugar until well combined.
-Put foil underneath the cooling rack.
-Take the icing and pour over the cookies until all of them are covered.
-Let the cookies cool before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment