Monday, March 31, 2014

Easter Bunny Cake

It's almost Easter, and I have the perfect activity for you and your family!  Making this bunny cake is one of my favorite holiday traditions.  My mom always made this with her children growing up and now she does it with her grandchildren.  This Easter bunny cake is so easy and fun to do with kids.  I seriously look forward to this every Easter and love watching my nieces and nephews attack the bunny cake with candy.

What you'll need:
your favorite cake mix- preferably a white/light colored mix
Any flavor of white frosting
optional:
shredded/flaked coconut 
jelly beans
peel apart licorice 
and any other favorite Easter candy


Bake the cake mix according to the directions on the box
Use 2 8x8 round cake pans
After the cakes have cooled, take one of the rounds and cut the ends as pictured above.  This leaves you with 2 ears and a bow tie.


Place the circle cake in the middle of a baking sheet and add the ears and bow tie as pictured above.
Time to decorate!  Frost the entire cake (I put the frosting in the microwave for 15 seconds to make it spread easy).  Put the shredded coconut over the face and ears (optional).  And the rest is up to you for how you want it to look!  


This is how my finished bunny looked.  How cute?!

I now have to share a couple of cakes that many, many nieces and nephews have helped with over the years.  They turn out a little rough, but the kids love it and the memories stay with you forever!



(My mom is going to be horrified that I put these up, but I love what the kids add to it!)


No comments:

Post a Comment