Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A Pinch of Chaos: Is a look into my chaotic every day life.  I LOVE to cook and bake but find it hard to make big, detailed meals every day.  With everything going on in my life, I don't have time and most days the energy to cook fancy meals.  I'm all about simplicity.  I try to use as little ingredients as possible in recipes.  I don't like to spend all day preparing a meal.  I love using the crockpot (it makes life so easy!), and I'd rather spend my time with my family.  Most blogs I've found, use ingredients I've never even heard of, and take three hours just to cut a radish into a flower.  Not me, I want fast, easy and affordable!
  My chaotic life: I've been married to my wonderful husband for 2 1/2 years, I have the cutest baby boy in the entire world, and I have one crazy dog.  Although my life doesn't seem too busy with just a small family, my days always seem to end with me trying not to pull my hair out.  Although insanely adorable, my baby doesn't sleep and is crazy!  Even when was a day old, every picture we have of him in the hospital, his eyes are open.  For some reason this kid does not need a lot of sleep day or night.  He has also been pretty advanced for his age.  He started crawling before he was 6 months old!  So now my days are spent just chasing him around from room to room, which I love!  My dog also requires just as much attention.  But only we can be blamed for this, we treat him like a human baby.  I'm also trying to finish school, which seems more impossible every day.  I've always been one of those people who goes to bed early, sleeps in, and loves naps.  So this being a mom thing has been quite the adjustment.  Being a mom is the greatest thing in the world, but man, am I tired!
Now, I have to give a lot of credit to my mom, sisters, aunts, cousins, and friends who are all amazing cooks!  I use a lot of their recipes and always tweak them a little, but I will give credit where it is due.  In the end, I'm just trying to help other mammas and busy people out there by providing easy recipes that they can enjoy.

*Disclaimer:  I am not a professional photographer.  If my pictures don't look amazing it's because I'm horrible at taking pictures.  Hopefully I'll get better as I go along!




No comments:

Post a Comment