Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Carmelitas

First off, before this year ends, I just want to thank all you of guys who follow and visit my blog.  It's been such a fun year to start this journey and share my love of cooking and baking with everyone.  I have plenty more recipes coming and can't wait to share them.  Thank you all again for the wonderful support!

I'm super excited to share with you all this amazing dessert!  My mother-in-law makes these wonderful carmelitas and I eat them up like a wild animal...  It's embarrassing.  I asked her for the recipe the other night and was excited to try it.  My mom mentioned she was taking dinner into some dear family friends last night and I volunteered to bring the dessert so I had an excuse to make these carmelitas.  I changed the recipe up a little to make it easier (of course) and according to the ingredients I had on hand.  These sure did not disappoint.  This ooey gooey goodness is heavenly and everyone needs to make it!



What you need:

32 caramel squares
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips


- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Unwrap all the caramels and place them in a saucepan.  Add the heavy cream and melt at low heat stirring occasionally.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter all the way.  Once butter is melted, stir in the brown sugar, flour, oats, and baking soda.
- In an 8x8 pan, take half the batter and press it down into the pan covering the bottom.  Cook for 10 minutes.
- Caramel should be almost melted by now, so keep stirring until it's smooth.
- Take the pan out and sprinkle chocolate chips evenly, then pour the caramel covering completely.  Take the rest of the batter and crumble it over the caramel.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting and serving.




No comments:

Post a Comment