Sunday, December 13, 2015

Soft & Chewy Gingerbread Cookies

I'm usually not a big fan of gingerbread, but this year it's all I want! It must be this pregnancy, it's got me all mixed up. These are the best gingerbread cookies I've had because they're so soft and chewy. I can't stop eating them.. I think my baby is going to come out part gingerbread girl!


What you need:
2 1/4 cup flour
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar 
1 egg
1 tbs water
1/4 cup molasses
3 tbs sugar


- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-In a medium bowl, mix together flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, ground cloves,mane salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Beat in the egg. Then mix in water and molasses.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture until all ingredients are mixed well.
- In a small bowl, add sugar.
- Take the dough roll in 2 inch balls and roll it into the sugar then place on a non-stick cookies sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let it cool for a few minutes before transferring over to a cooling rack.
*makes 3 dozen*






No comments:

Post a Comment