Thursday, February 26, 2015

Cheesy Bean & Chicken Casserole

Well our little life over here is changing and is changing fast!  We're moving from our cute town home in a week, moving in with Parker's parents and building a house that won't be done until summer.  I'm finishing school and will graduate in May.  My stats class is a beast and has consumed my life.  I haven't cooked/baked as much as I would like lately and I don't think I'll be doing as much I use to until we get settled into our new home.  My poor blog might feel a bit neglected, but I'll do my best to keep up in these crazy next few months!

On another note, this casserole is delicious.  My little boy eats this up!  He'll go through three bowls in one sitting.  It's the perfect lazy day kind of meal and is so easy to make.
I made this in an 8x8 inch pan so if you have a bigger family, double the recipe to fit a 9x13 glass pan.


What you need:

2 cups shredded chicken (I like to cook my chicken in a crock pot with taco seasoning)
1 cup dry basmati rice
1 can red enchilada sauce
1/2 can refried beans
1 cup Monterey cheese (divided)
1/2 can corn
salt & pepper to taste

dried cilantro for garnish 


- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together chicken, bean, half the cheese and enchilada sauce.
- Follow directions on package to cook rice.
- When rice is cooked, add it to the mixture.  Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour into an 8x8 casserole dish. Top with cheese then the corn and cilantro.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment